Updated July 15, 2020
Summary of Key Changes for the EMS Guidance:
Below are changes to the guidance as of July 15, 2020:
- Reorganized recommendations into 2 sections:
- Recommended infection prevention and control (IPC) practices for routine activities during the pandemic.
- Recommended IPC practices when caring for a patient with suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Added recommendations that were included in healthcare IPC FAQs addressing:
- Universal use of PPE for healthcare personnel working in communities with moderate to sustained transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
- Creating a process for responding to SARS-CoV-2 exposures among healthcare personnel and others.